- Wake up at 3:45 am.
- Drive to Glens Falls.
- Take the 5:10 city bus to the airport.
- Arrive at airport at 5:30.
- Find the coffee vendor.
- Stand, talk, shiver; make mental note to bring a scarf next year.
- Speculate if it’s too windy for flight.
- Rejoice as the sun rises and balloons roll out.
- Take pictures while trying to avoid the crowd.
- Take bus back to downtown.
- Eat breakfast at the Peppermill.
That’s our Adirondack Balloon Festival ritual. It doesn’t seem to get old.
Did you enjoy this post? Support RAICES. RAICES promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees.