You too can bring candy sushi magic to your home. Below is a basic write-up of what I did, but free-styling is encouraged.
- fruit roll-ups
- Life Savers gummies, halved
- Swedish Fish, halved
- Rice Krispies treats
- Unravel a fruit roll-up and place on a plate.
- Between two pieces of parchment paper flatten the Rice Krispie treat. Get it as flat as you can, without creating holes. Place flatten treat on top of the fruit roll-up. Try to trim excess so that the roll-up and treat match up.
- Sprinkle candy along the center of the flatten treat, parallel to the longest edge of fruit roll-up/treat. Try to keep the candies in a line.
- Grabbing the long edge of the fruit roll-up/treat, begin to roll towards the candy line. As you roll, try to carefully roll the candies in without breaking the fruit roll-up.
- Once it’s rolled, cut the log into rounds.
Did you enjoy this post? Support Soul Fire Farm. Soul Fire Farm is committed to ending racism and injustice in the food system.