This has become one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. It’s especially perfect for fall. It also holds up great for leftovers or meal prep.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2 inches ginger root, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice or long-grain basmati
- 2 sweet potatoes or butternut squash, peeled and sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 (14-ounce) cans vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 large bunch of kale, stemmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- juice of 1 lime
- red pepper flakes (optional), to taste
- Turn machine to sauté setting. Add onion, garlic, ginger; cook, stirring often, until softened, 4 minutes. Stir in rice and potato; cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add curry powder, and salt and pepper (to taste) until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add broth; stir well. Add all but ½ cup coconut milk. Add chicken breast and submerge in the mixture. Lay kale on top of mixture in cooker.
- Lock lid onto pot; set machine to cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Allow pressure to fall naturally for 10 minutes. Release any excess pressure through pressure valve and then open pot.
- Remove the lid and turn the machine to the sauté setting.
- Stir in the coconut milk, lime juice, and red pepper flakes until mixture is thickened.
Adjust the rice and broth amount for your desired consistency.