This has become one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. It’s especially perfect for fall. It also holds up great for leftovers or meal prep.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2 inches ginger root, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice or long-grain basmati
- 2 sweet potatoes or butternut squash, peeled and sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 (14-ounce) cans vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 large bunch of kale, stemmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- juice of 1 lime
- red pepper flakes (optional), to taste
- Turn machine to sauté setting. Add onion, garlic, ginger; cook, stirring often, until softened, 4 minutes. Stir in rice and potato; cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add curry powder, and salt and pepper (to taste) until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add broth; stir well. Add all but ½ cup coconut milk. Add chicken breast and submerge in the mixture. Lay kale on top of mixture in cooker.
- Lock lid onto pot; set machine to cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Allow pressure to fall naturally for 10 minutes. Release any excess pressure through pressure valve and then open pot.
- Remove the lid and turn the machine to the sauté setting.
- Stir in the coconut milk, lime juice, and red pepper flakes until mixture is thickened.
Adjust the rice and broth amount for your desired consistency.
Did you enjoy this post? Support Trans Lifeline. Trans Lifeline offers direct emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis.